Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Let it Go...

"Sometimes, you just have to let things go."

Ever heard that quote? I usually hear this when I least want to hear it, if you know what I mean. There is a lot of truth to it, but it is not always the easiet thing for me to do.

The older I get, the more I see that I cannot control everything. Some things are completely out of my control. And through that lack of control--I have to learn to "roll with the punches."

Lately, I have had some situations in my life where I so desperately want things to change--and no matter what I do or say--things stay the same. Sometimes I think I even make them worse. I get frustrated. I want to just throw my hands in the air and scream, "What's the point??". I find myself racking my brain for solutions--when the only conclusion that makes sense is to: Just give it God, Jenn--give it to God.

Sometimes you just have to give up the reigns, and trust God to change a situation. I totally believe in being proactive for positive change with some serious prayer tied in, but sometimes you get to a point where you have to entrust it fully to God. A place where you will believe for some serious change that could only be the work of God's hands. Then God gets the glory when He answers. And I get to add yet another time to my testimony where God was faithful.

He has much more power than I do. There is something incredibly peaceful about knowing that I am placing my problems and burdens into the same hands that created this universe.

So after I give it to God--then comes the really hard part. The waiting...

Sometimes I don't feel like I can make it--my heart hurts, my frustrations get me down, satan tries to make me feel like the most insignificant person on the planet--and it's definitely in the waiting period where satan does his best to ruin you.

I was encouraged by Psalm 55:22 which says this:

"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall."

Not only can I give Him all of my burdens, but He will sustain me!! He won't let me lose all hope. Man, if that isn't encouraging, I don't know what is!

God is definitely being faithful to sustain me in this waiting period--He is good no matter what :)

Be blessed!!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment