Tuesday, October 9, 2012

28 Things...

Today I turn 28

Twenty-Eight.

I don't really know how it got here so fast, and I definitely don't feel like I am 28. But as of today I am officially 2 years away from 30 (insert huge sigh).

I can honestly say that my life has played out much differently than I ever could have imagined...but I wouldn't want it any other way. 

To celebrate 28 years of life I thought it would be fun to share 28 random things about me...things I love, things I have learned, things that have made me who I am today.  So, here goes...


28. I have a slight obsession with penguins.  My dream would be to have one as a pet.



27.  My drink of choice will always be a nice, cold Diet Coke.



26. Twenty-two years ago I gave my life to Christ--BEST. DECISION. EVER.

25.  I strongly dislike Winter.

24. I love a good rainy day every now and then.

23.  I have learned over the years the intense love of God--and that He gives it freely, even if I mess up...a lot (and trust me, I mess up a lot).

22. I love to sing.  All the time.

21.  My favorite day is June 27--the day I married my best friend, David. 



20. To have several friends is great, but to have a few friends that know everything about you and still love you--those are priceless.  Lucky for me--I was blessed with those kind of friends :)



19.  In 28 years of life--I cannot think of a single moment that God was not faithful to me.

18.  My sister and I started the Mini Horse Club-- we are up to a handful of members.  Our goal is to own mini horses one day.  Mine's name will be Scooter. hehe.
 
17.  My favorite movie is The Chronicles of Narnia.  I wish Narnia was a real place.
 
16.  I have an insane fear of snakes...
 
15. In case you didn't know--I have the most amazing family in the whole world.

14.  And in case you didn't know--I married into the greatest family ever.




13.  I have learned (and am still learning) that worrying about things is an insane waste of my time.  And I really have no room for fear in my life.  Jesus has me in His hands--and that is all I need to know!

12.  I have seen so many miracles in the last couple of years.  And it stirs up so much hope in my soul.  Here are a few of those miracles...
 
 

 


11. Things I wish I could do:  play piano and guitar, knit, sew and be an amazing baker :)
 
10.  I love my sissy.  We have had our moments, like all siblings do--but she is one of my favorite people on the planet.
 
 
9.  My puppy, Delilah, brings me a ton of joy (most of the time), but she has given me a slight glimpse of what being a parent will be like :)
 
 
8.  My favorite color changes quite frequently.  At the moment it is burnt orange.
 
7.  My favorite day of the week is Thursday.  I don't know why--it just is.
 
6.  Sometimes I wish that instead of getting a degree in Education, I would have been a Marine Biologist or a Zoologist.  Then I could work with penguins.
 
7.  I am addicted to sweets.  Not a good thing.
 
6. David and I eat pizza more than any other food.  Again, not a good thing. 
 
5.  A beautiful, sunny day brings me ultimate joy.  It is usually on those kind of days that I feel like no matter what is going on in my life, that everything is going to be okay.
 
4.  Year 27 of my life was a very hectic year full of a lot of change--readjustments--and blessings.
 
3.  Each year of life brings new outlook to the days ahead.
 
2.   I am sure of  this:  I AM BLESSED!
 
1.  Twenty-eight is going to be an epic year in my life--I just have a good feeling about it.  Here's to trusting in God's guidance and favor over my life.  And believing for things that seem impossible :)
 
 
Be Blessed, dear friends!
Jenn



1 comment: