Monday, June 20, 2011

A Healthy Journey...

I am the worst when it comes to exercising. I do mean the worst. I want to work out. I even like working out sometimes, but when it comes to consistently exercising--I tend to fail everytime.' The last couple of months, I have been taking steps to change many things in the "spiritual" and "emotional" aspects of my life , and now it is time for me to focus on the "physical" aspect . I believe that there is a huge link between "physical" and "emotional." When I am exercising and eating healthy, not only am I taking care of my physical self, but it does wonders for my stress levels and how I see myself. I am going to be completely honest: I have not made it a point to exercise in a long time! My body is feeling it! I can't help feeling convicted--I am not being my best for the God who created me. "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have recieved from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." -1 Corinthians 6: 19-20 I want to praise God with every aspect of my life, and that means giving my all to be the best I can be in all areas, including taking care of my physical body. I have decided that for the next few months, I am going to blog about my journey to becoming a healthier me- physically, spiritually, and emotionally. I will be blogging about exercise and nutrition, sharing healthy (and yummy!) recipes, and sharing how the Lord is training me spiritually. My hope is that I will be kept accountable by this blog, and that you, as readers, will be inspired in some small way! Be Blessed! Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment