Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Testimony...

I recently read a blog of a sweet friend and coworker of mine, Kelly, that was about the word testimony. I stole an exerpt from her blog--something I have been dwelling on for a while now. "I come face to face with my relationship with Christ every single day, and each circumstance is a new chance for me to testify my faith in Him." When I think of my testimony, I tend to think about how I came to know Christ. That in itself is a beautiful thing, but our testamonies are so much more than that. Our testamonies are filled with trials and suffering, joy and revelation. Every single moment in our lives can be part of our testimony. God has really laid this on my heart lately... Our trials are what create such a beautiful story of God's love for us--our personal testamonies. I have been thinking about all of the times I have been challenged or hurt or confused in my life. I cannot think of a time when God has NOT been faithful to me. I cannot think of a time when He has not been there for me. And I cannot think of a time when I have been through "a valley" and not learned more about how much our Creator loves me and how GOOD He truly is. What if we endure trials in our lives for the sole purpose of allowing God to be glorified through it??? How can the trials that we have lived through or are going through lead someone else to know the power of God's love??? It almost makes going through tough things in our lives more bearable to know that God will indeed get the glory from it. Our trials are not pointless. My prayer is that God uses the trials in my life, and the joys in my life, to bring glory to Himself. That He will receive praise in the good and the not so good. That He will continue to write my story, my testimony, and through it others will know of His goodness. Be blessed! Jenn

1 comment:

  1. could we not be more on the same page :) except you seem to have such a better outlook than I do... :) guess that means we should hang out more.

    ReplyDelete