Friday, June 10, 2011

A New Chapter...

First of all, you may have noticed that this is a new blog. I am at a place in life where I just kind of want to start fresh in every area, even my blog. I am ready for a new chapter to begin, and ready to move forth from the things in the past. Hence, "A Work in Progress." I named this blog after the phrase I am consistently having to remind myself of...that I am, indeed, still a work in progress. And there is a lot of work to be done, this is for sure. It is all too easy to look at other women in my life, and think, "Wow, why am I not more like her?" "Why don't I eat all organic food?" "Why is my house always in shambles?" "Why do I hardly ever workout?" "How come I don't have it all together?"... trust me, the list is neverending! The questions can get overwhelming, and then I begin doubting myself all together. This is why I have to constantly remind myself that God is not even close to being done with me. He loves me the way I am. My Senior quote for our high school yearbook was "God loves us just as we are, but He loves us too much to leave us that way." I will forever, for the rest of my life on this earth, be revolving and growing. I will never be perfect. Not even close. And I am thankful that God doesn't give up on me! My longing is that I truly find my worth in Christ. That we as women, find our worth in Christ alone. That when I look at myself, I see God's hand at work, and not my millions of flaws and imperfections. I am learning to embrace that God is shaping me each and everyday and it is through my flaws that He is glorified. "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry of fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gently and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3: 3-4 Blessings and Joy, Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment