Monday, July 23, 2012

Believing...

Hey, Friends!

If you keep up with my blog, you know that a few weeks ago, I had one of those life altering, Jesus encounters.  A moment when, for me, everything changed.  I have felt so much release and peace since that moment, and God has been giving me glimpses of who He truly is.  I feel so much joy.  More than I have felt in a really long time.

That being said, I have been praying for revelation from God.  That He would show me who He is.  That He would tear down all the walls around my heart (and brain, for that matter) and that I would begin to experience ALL of who He is.  That I would have faith that He is who He says He is.  That I would believe.

I can't speak for anyone else out there, but sometimes, I have a hard time truly believing.  Belief in the unseen can sometimes be difficult for our little finite brains to wrap around.  I have never had a problem believing in God, that He sent His son Jesus, that through Christ, I am saved.  I have no problem believing that Jesus is coming back one day, and that I will spend eternity with Him.  I have a hard time believing in the everyday things--Can I believe Him when He says He LOVES me, just a girl who can't seem to get it together?  Can I believe Him when He says that even though things seem impossible to me, that with Him all things are possible?  Can I believe He has the ability to heal the sick, just like that?  Can I believe that He knows the desires of my heart, and wants good for me?

Those are the hard things for me.  Seems ridiculous, right? 

For the last week, through conversations and scripture, God has been urging me to truly, 100%, wholeheartedly believe.  To release those doubts to Him.  And to not just believe for small things--but to start believing for incredible, earthshaking, unbelievable things.

I actually shared this verse on Facebook when I came across it, but will share it here as well.

"Look at the nations and watch--and be utterly amazed.  For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe if you were told."                                             Habakkuk 1:5

God tells us right there that He is going to do something so incredible that it would be hard for us to believe.  How encouraging is that?? 

I am believing that God is going to continue to do incredible things in my life.  And I am believing that God will do something incredible in your lives as well. 

Be blessed!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment