Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A New Season...

Chaos.  The only word to describe the last month of my life.  Normally, chaos in my life would wake me up in the middle of the night or would not let my mind rest--but not this time.  This kind of chaos has been the best.

David and I have entered into a new season of life.  An exciting, well-worth-the-wait kind of season.  We had been living in this place of unwanted stress, unanswered questions, "rainy days"  and tears (well, at least for me, I am the crybaby!).  I have prayed and prayed and prayed some more.  And there were days that I had to ask God for grace over and over because of my relentless sense of doubt.

But here we are.  Flooded with blessings.  Overwhelmed by God's goodness.  And so incredibly thankful that He doesn't give up on us.

It really still amazes me everytime I see a prayer answered.  To pour your heart out to your Heavenely Father--to share you deepest desires and concerns--and to see Him act in a way that is greater than you could have asked for. 

So, in the last two weeks, we closed on our first home (yay!!!!), had a huge prayer answered and a heavy burden lifted, and my beautiful sister got engaged to an amazing guy.  Our hearts are being filled with hope, and most of all gratefulness.

We are all moved in to our new home, and I may or may not be in love with it.  When we first moved in, the whole house was the color of lemon sorbet, maybe the worst color ever, so we painted.  And painted some more.  And after a long few days, paint splattered clothes, and aching muscles, the lemon walls had been replaced by a beautiful shade of taupe. 

We had the help of our family--thank God--and it made the moving process go a lot quicker, and was a lot more enjoyable as well.  I am slowly putting things into place and making this house our home.  I already feel such a sense of peace being in our home.  I will try to post some pictures soon :) 

God is doing a new thing in this heart of mine...and I am reminded over and over again that even in the hardest of times, God already has this path of mine planned out--and He is walking with me hand-in-hand.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time.  He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."
Ecclesiastes 3:11
 
 
Love and Blessings!
Jenn

 



No comments:

Post a Comment