Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Armor Up!

If I could say one thing to you today, it would be that...

 God's love is unconditional. 

And the worst things that happen in our lives are not a punishment from God. 

Ok...so that is actually two things, but who is really counting?

I am learning this over and over and over again...and Satan keeps trying to convince me of the opposite.

On the days when I struggle the most to understand this place of life I am in, I have to remind myself that my struggles are not from God.  He doesn't want me to be miserable and lonely.  He doesn't want me to feel completely purposeless.  He doesn't want me to go over every aspect of my life with a fine- toothed comb wondering what I did to cause the hardships and the heartaches.  But there is someone who does. 

There is someone who wants me to doubt God's plan for my life.  There is someone who wants me to hide away in a corner, thinking that I have nothing good to offer anyone.  And more than anything, he wants me to believe that God's love for me is contingent upon what I do in this life.  The Father of Lies is out to steal, kill, and destroy. 

Satan is real.  He is always there, trying to whisper lies into our ears.  He knows our weaknesses and he uses it to his advantage. 

Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.... Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,  and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Ephesians 6:11 &14-18

These verses show us why it is crucial to seek after God everyday.  To talk to Him.  To recite His promises over and over again.  To know what His word says, and to combat Satan's lies with it.  We are fighting a spiritual battle every day!  He will give us everything we need to fight the evil one.  We serve a God who trumps Satan every. single. time. 

Don't give Satan an invitation to your life...

Fight him with God's armor, and he won't stand a chance!

Love and Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment