Monday, March 24, 2014

The Art of Letting Go...

I don't think that it is any coincidence that my devotion this morning started out with these words in big, bold letters:

THIS IS A TIME IN YOUR LIFE WHEN YOU MUST LEARN TO LET GO: of loved ones, of possessions, of control.  In order to let go of something that is precious to you, you need to rest in my Presence, where you are complete.                                                          {Jesus Calling, Sarah Young}

Letting things go is not something that comes naturally to me.  Not in the least bit.  It is something that has to be learned.  Something that has to be practiced over and over again.  There have been a lot of things floating around this brain of mine lately.  The kind of things that wake you up in the middle of the night, and don't let you go back to sleep. The kinds of things that seem to seep into your dreams.

I am opening myself up to Jesus.  Because the truth is-- I have no answers to any of the questions in my head.  All I have is His word, and I have to trust what it says.  I have felt so conflicted in my spirit--wondering which way to go--wondering what the next step is going to be--wondering if I even have the strength to take a step in the first place.  My feet have been cemented to the ground for so long.  I am just so ready to move.  To move to a more beautiful, fulfilling place in life.  Jesus is already offering that me--I just have to take it.  I have to muster up the courage to step out in faith, to trust Him with the most important things in my life. 

I have been praying that the Lord would speak to me.   And He has been.

I felt Him saying so clearly to me, "Start writing things down.  Write down the small things, and the great.  Write down your fears, your triumphs, your questions.  Write them down because you ARE going to see my faithfulness.  I want you to have an account of my goodness. I want you to be able to see how I am working."

So, that's exactly what I have started doing.  I have been writing to Jesus.  And being more open and honest than I ever have been.  So often it is easy to hide.  To hide behind smiles or closed doors.  To hide what's really hurting you because it may not seem "Christian-like" to have feelings of confusion or doubt--or even anger.  Writing has been therapeutic in a way.  Sometimes no one really understands and it can leave you feeling so. so. alone--but Jesus always does.  He knows the deepest crevices of my heart.  And somehow, He loves me.

He has always been faithful to me.  And that isn't going to stop.  So, here's to practicing the art of letting go--to moving into grace and joy--and to letting Jesus be enough.

Be blessed, friends!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment