Friday, July 11, 2014

It's All About Perspective...

God placed this one little word on my heart a few months ago--and I can't even tell you how life changing that one little word has been for me.

PERSPECTIVE. 

What is it about hard times that causes us to completely lose our perspective on life?  We get trapped in a mindset that what we have (or don't have) isn't good enough.  That this journey God has us on is just too hard.  That the people in our lives...well, they consistently let us down.  The list could go on.  It is so easy to get stuck in a place of negativity--especially when you feel like you can't see Jesus working.

Gosh, I have been living in that place of negativity for FAR too long.  And I don't even know how it got to be as bad as it did.  I had always been a positive person--happy and cheerful.  And then life happened, and BOOM--hope is lost, nothing is ever going to be ok, blah...blah...blah.  Ol' satan knows just how to play those mind games with you.

I guess it was way too easy to have tunnel vision--to only see the bad things. To focus so much energy on the bad.  To completely lose sight of all that is good.  And in life, there are always going to be "bad things"--we know that we are always going to face trouble.  But how are we going to choose to face those troubled times, those horrible things that make no sense?

IT'S ALL ABOUT PERSPECTIVE.

I am re-training myself to look for the GOOD in everything.  Because it is there.  Sometimes it is hiding, and we have to search with all that is in us.  Sometimes the good may be the silliest thing or the smallest thing, but it is always there.   We have a choice in the way we see things in life, the way that we perceive.  It is OUR choice.  And if we want to see everything though eyes of negativity--well, the joy is going to be sucked right out of our lives.  Trust me, I know.  Life is too short for that, friends.

There are few things I know for sure in this life--but the ones I do know are this:
1. God is always working.
2. God already knows the plan for my life.
3. God is good, and He wants good for me.

Focusing on those things RIGHT THERE...keeps my perspective in check.

The other night my husband and I were talking--and he told me that lately I seemed so much happier. Our circumstances have not changed, we are still facing some of the same struggles we have been dealing with for a long time.  But I have chosen to change my perspective on those things.  It is amazing how much joy I have felt--just from changing the way I think about things.

So, today when you are looking on Facebook, and wishing you had something that someone else has--focus on what you DO have!  When your husband is getting on your last nerve, start listing all the amazing things about him.  When you think about how much you hate your job, thank God for giving it to you in the first place.  And when you feel like God isn't there--reflect on all He has already done--because, guess what, He is never giving up on you!

Be Blessed!!

br />

 

No comments:

Post a Comment