Thursday, September 27, 2012

Grace Rains

When I was younger, I loved to write.  I was always that English geek who loved any assignment that ended with me writing a poem or haiku (remember those??).  All through college, I would pick up my pen and jot down my feelings creatively in my journal. I rarely shared my writings with anyone--maybe my roommates now and then.  But it was mostly for me.  A way to channel my feelings and fear, hopes and dreams.  It has been a very long time since I have written anything. I feel like I have had all of these life experiences, but lacked the energy to dwell on them enough to write about them.  Until today.  I woke up wanting to write.  And so I did.  So I thought I would share. 

*Disclaimer*- I don't claim to be an amazing writer (so please don't laugh)--but it isn't about being amazing after all :) 

 
Grace Rains
 
Sunny Days
And all was okay
Until the clouds rolled in
And blew the sun away.
 
The rain fell hard
And pelted skin deep
The wind blew mighty
and knocked me off my feet.
 
But there amidst the storm
The fire from the sky
I saw what was a promise
and I felt hope arise.
 
I felt hope stirring
Deeply in my soul
And seeing that bow of colors
I knew I could let go.
 
So I put down my barrier
My umbrella shield
And I walked among the drops
That the sky dared to yield.
 
I was washed by the rain
Bathed in grace
And it was then and there I knew why
 I was standing in this place.
 
Even if the sun
Never shone it's face again
I was loved through the storm
I was loved by Him.



Be blessed, friends!
Jenn




No comments:

Post a Comment